Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nothing Sacred launch this Thursday; Readingspalooza

Two more sleeps until the long-awaited Nothing Sacred launch, Thursday at 7 PM, Memorial Park Library, lower level 1221-2 St. SW. I'm looking forward to it, feel pretty good about the whole thing. It's so nice not to be as nervous as I was for the launch of Love Minus Zero last year. It really helps to have done it all before, and I've got the piece I'm reading (the title story, "Nothing Sacred") down. So come on down, join in the fun, have some wine and cheese.

Next is the launch of Jan Markley's Dead Frog on the Porch on Oct. 17 at Monkeyshines Books. Then I have a reading on Oct. 21 at noon in the New and Notable Area of the Central Library, as part of the open house the library is holding to celebrate Canadian Library Month. I'm taking part in the Alexandra Writers' Blue Pencil Cafe on the evening of Oct.23. And the following week, I do two nights in Edmonton: a reading at Audrey's Books on the 29th and then I lead the Writers' Circle at the Canadian Authors Association meeting the next night.

So, hope to see you Thursday and / or at one of the other events I'm doing this month.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to your launch in Edmonton and then at the Writers circle next night before the CAA meeting. I've been bringing scenes from my book in progress, the difficult ones, for a year now and comments in the circle have been most helpful. I value your critique. Thanks Lori.

Dolly

Lori Hahnel said...

Thanks, Dolly! I'm looking forward to both events, too, and I'll be interested to hear about your book. Take care, see you soon!

Lori