Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaching, rehearsing, reading

The workshop was fun, and I really enjoyed the opportunity to reassure other people that, yes, all this crazy stuff happens to people who write, it's not just you. I think we all had a great time. And I have a new respect for teachers -- well, not that I didn't have the utmost respect for them before -- but the amount of preparation that a six hour workshop takes. Wow.

So now that that's done I'm concentrating on rehearsing my pieces for the launch next Thursday, and the reading I'm doing at the Central Library's open house at noon on Oct. 21. I'll also be participating in The Alexandra Writers' Blue Pencil Cafe from 6 - 9 on Oct.23 -- bring your work in for a free 20 minute evaluation. Then I head up to Edmonton for a reading at Audrey's on Oct. 29, and will stay over the night of the 30th so I can lead the writers' circle at the Canadian Authors Association meeting that evening.

So another busy month ahead, but once it's over it'll just be back to reading manuscripts as part of my residency (keep sending them in, folks) and planning the program I'm doing, as a solo now, in February as part of Calgary Public Library's Writers' Weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll even get to do some writing myself before the holidays roll around. That would be nice.

No comments: