Friday, June 5, 2009

Fictionistas in my future?

It looks that way, judging by Thistledown's new fall catalogue. The info about Nothing Sacred is here, on page five:

http://www.thistledownpress.com/images/2009fallcat.pdf

So I'm thinking that "Western Canadian co-author tour" mentioned in the Publicity and Marketing section would be a trip with the Fictionistas program. A number of Western Canadian publishers send women authors with new books on a series of joint readings. Sounds good to me. As I was telling my sister last night, I found doing out of town readings last fall was kind of a lonely experience. I could understand why Dylan Thomas had those eighteen straight whiskies that night. But yes, having a group would be fun. We'll see what happens.

Looking forward to lunching tomorrow with my friend Jan Markley, whose first middle grade novel, Dead Frog on the Porch, is forthcoming from Gumboot Books this fall. Yeah! Will we have eighteen straight whiskies? I doubt it, since I don't think they serve whiskey at Boca Loca. Besides, whiskey seems to have a narcotic effect on me; history has shown that it's not good for me to drink it.

Ahem. Okay. All for now.

No comments: