Sunday, May 31, 2009

Edmonton; Preorder

Although I did not win this year's CAA Exporting Alberta Award (that honour went to Karen Bass' young adult novel Run Like Jager) I had a swell time reading and schmoozing with the Alberta branch crowd, as I always do. The readings were excellent and I'm sure the judges had a tough time picking a winner. Also fun was our morning at West Edmonton Mall. That is one big mall, no joke.

Here's Nothing Sacred's debut in the Chapters Indigo catalogue. ISBNs and everything -- I didn't just dream it:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/35/search?sc=Lori+Hahnel&sf=Author

Lovely. Now you can preorder as many copies as you wish.

Off to check out Lillian Gish and a young Ronald Colman in 1923's The White Sister. What's this, you say, a silent movie? Where is Bruce, then? Off at a conference in Colorado. Yes, a chance for me to indulge my bizarre cinematic tastes. Which reminds me, it so happens that Errol Flynn's 100th birthday falls on the weekend of Cub-o-Rama later this month. Really must work out some kind of event for that. Hmmm.

No comments: