Thursday, May 29, 2008

The plan so far

I was in touch with Nick at Oberon yesterday and now have a rough idea of what will be going on the next few months. Contract is forthcoming shortly, and the proofs will be along sometime later (that will be weird). The books should be back from the printers by mid-October, but he warned me that it's best not to plan a launch until November in case of a backlog with the printer. Having a launch with no books would be a very bad thing, so November it is.

Now I guess the next step is to get in touch with the manager at Memorial Park library (I worked for her years ago, as it happens) and find a date in November that works for us. Then I can get Owl's Nest on board. Exciting, but it does still seem quite far off at this point.

Nick also said I should take a holiday after doing all that revision. Good idea, I think I will.

No comments: