Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Potentially Last Post Before the Apocalypse

If the Mayans were right, I really am wasting my time doing all this Christmas shopping. On the other hand, I don't want to wake up on Dec. 22 and have to do it all in two days. I'm assuming they were wrong, of course. Because all this stuff is coming up after that.

Such as, starting January 15, Tuesday night Creative Writing classes, Level 1 (January - February) and Level 2 (March - April) at Mount Royal University. Check out what my lovely Fall term students gave me:



Like I said before, we have fun in my classes.

Next up: I'm taking part in a  panel at Calgary Public Library's Writers' Weekend, Saturday, February 2 in the John Dutton Theatre at the Central Library. Scroll down to page 27 in the program guide for details on this full day of free writing presentations.

Writing in the Works Spring 2013 is set for April 11 at 7 PM at Memorial Park Library, featuring readings by Ken Cameron, myself, Steve Passey, Roberta Rees and Inge Trueman, and emceed by Susan Calder. Always a good time.

Looking a little further down the road, my residency with the Alexandra Writers Centre Society is slated for May and June 2013. Details will be posted...soon. I'll be doing workshops and (free) manuscript consultations, so come on down and show me your stuff! It's a great opportunity.

Over and out for now. See you on December 22!



No comments: