So as usual, the fall literary season is shaping up to be a busy one:
- I'm going to the launch of Brian Brennan's new book, Leaving Dublin: Writing My Way From Ireland to Canada, at 7 PM this Tuesday, Sept. 6, at Christ Church Calgary, 3602 8 St. SW
- On Saturday, Sept. 10 I'm going to my friend and colleague Naomi K. Lewis' launch of her term as writer-in residence at Calgary Public Library. That's at 2 PM at Memorial Park Library, 1221 - 2 St. SW
- Then on Wed. Sept. 14 at 7 PM there's my talk on The Writing Life, hosted by the Writers Guild of Alberta, at Shelf Life Books, 1302 - 4 St. SW.
- The Alexandra Writers Centre Society is hosting the launch of the Freshwater Pearls Anthology on Wed. Sept. 21 at 7 PM at the Alexandra Centre, 922 - 9 Ave. SE
- And on Sat. Sept. 24th Karen Willsey Bass launches her new YA novel Drummer Girl at Monkeyshines Books, 113, 2215 - 33rd Ave SW