Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thanks again, CPL!; Auburn Reading This Sunday Night

Writers' Weekend 2011 at Calgary Public Library was "an outstanding success", in the words of one of the organizers, and I couldn't agree more. It was great to see so many people come out on kind of a miserable February morning and share their passion for the written word with us. I think Rona and I had about 200 in our session, and I hear there were more than 600 total registrations for the day's events. That's not even including the folks who just showed up. A lot of fun! So thanks again to Calgary Public Library and our wonderful bookseller for the event, Pages on Kensington. For me, this event was the perfect antidote to all the doom and gloom stories lately about publishers declaring bankruptcy and the death of the printed book. 




There's the poster for the reading I'm doing this Sunday night at the Auburn Saloon. We have me, the music of Morley Challenged and an open mic. I know a couple of talented authors are planning to read at the open mic portion of the evening. So come on down and read, if you're so inclined. And if not just come and listen. I'm sure we're going to enjoy ourselves.

No comments: