Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Xmas break; CPL Writers Weekend

The gents are off for a another skate with their buddies at our community rink, which is only about 300 meters from our house. So I have a quiet moment, in which I could be doing laundry, wrapping gifts, and many other things. Instead, I'm finishing my coffee and posting here, as I may not get another chance for a while. Though I have to say, we've pulled back from some of our holiday commitments this year and it does feel like more of a holiday. This could be the start of something big. Besides, I'm getting over a cold. Need to take it easy.

So an update on Calgary Public Library's Writers Weekend, which takes place on February 5, 2011. There are free writing programs all day, with Rona Altrows and yours truly doing a session on writing fiction at 11 - 12. Other presenters include Susan Toy from Alberta Books Canada, Betty Jane Hegerat, Marcello di Cintio, Oana Avasilichoaei and a publishers' panel. It think it's going to be a great day! Spaces are already filling up, so register early to avoid disappointment.

If I don't get another chance, I'd like to wish one and all a Merry Xmas. Here's to joy and contentment and lots of good writing in 2011.

All for now. I hear the patter of big Sorels on the front step.

4 comments:

Diane Girard said...

The Writers Weekend sounds great!

Happy 2011 to you and your family.

Lori Hahnel said...

Thanks, Diane! And all the best to you and yours in the coming year, too!

Jan Markley said...

Sounds like a great weekend for writers! Look forward to seeing you in the new year!

Lori Hahnel said...

Thanks, Jan. Look forward to seeing you, too!