Monday, April 26, 2010

Calgary shortlist readings Friday April 30th

Calgary shortlistees for this year's Alberta Literary Awards are reading this Friday night, April 30th, at 7PM. The venue is 100 Wines, 1109 Olympic Way SE, the same place the Wine and Literary Pairings event was last winter. Looks like Calgarians are dominating the awards this year (hee hee), with fifteen of us reading on Friday, including Bob Stallworthy, Betty Jane Hegerat, Will Ferguson, Cecelia Frey, Lee Kvern and me. Plus wine and tapas! Sounds like a great party to me. Then we'll all be heading up to Edmonton May 14th for the WGA's Awards Gala. More fun!

In the meantime, I enjoyed the Alexandra Writers' Shining Stars Event on the 16th and am in the thick of preparing notes for my weekend intensive, Life Into Story, which is set to run May 28 - 30th. No rest for the wicked, eh? So I guess I'd better get back to work.

No comments: