Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Writing in the Works 2

Last spring's Writing in the Works event was such a success we decided to give it another go. Our mandate is to feature works in progress and this year our slate of readers includes myself, Susan Calder Arnold, Inge Trueman, Naomi K. Lewis and Elaine Morin. We'll be reading at Memorial Park Library, lower level 1221 - 2 St. SW, at 7 PM on April 2nd. I haven't decided what I'm going to read at this point, probably one of the short stories from Nothing Sacred.

In other news, I continue to make progress on the edits for Nothing Sacred. We're just coming off of a six-day break from school (argh!) and when I get back to work tomorrow I'll have a look at the additional stories I just got back from my editor. She thinks we should go with three of the four that I sent her, which is fine with me.

Got a royalty statement -- and cheque -- from Oberon last week. Wow, wasn't expecting that. I didn't think I'd even make back my advance, particularly considering that the statement only covered up to the end of November and Love Minus Zero was only published end of October. That was heartening.

No comments: