Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Independents Day -- November 15th, 2008

According to the Canadian Bookseller's Association, Saturday, November 15th, 2008 is "Independents Day" -- a celebration of independent bookstores, kicking off a year-long campaign called "Independents Matter". Owl's Nest Books has invited me to participate in their celebration, which will feature local authors in the store all day. It sounds like a nice, low-key kind of event, "a party with books", as Judith described it to me. Sounds like my kind of party. So if you can't / won't / are not allowed to come to my launch at Memorial Park Library on the 13th, here's your chance to get your own signed copy of Love Minus Zero and support a fine independent bookseller. Win - win, eh? I'm scheduled to be there at 11:30, and Owl's Nest is located in the Britannia Shopping Plaza, 815A 49th Avenue SW. Here's a link to their page:

http://www.owlsnestbooks.com/independentsday/index.htm

Other news: no books yet. I'm now working on the minutae of the launch, things such as test driving false eyelashes. I have determined they are not going to work for this event. I used to wear them for performances in the band days, but now I just feel like a female impersonator when I wear them. That's not how I want to feel! Also, the lipstick I bought this morning is too dark. What's up with that? It looked fine on my arm. But on my lips, it makes me look like a cranky old German lady (specifcally, my great-grandmother). Eek.

Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: