Sunday, August 24, 2008

Good times, bad times

Okay, not so much bad as...annoying?...stressful? We had an open house today and had 15 -- 20 groups of people through, and two offers. Both of which fell flat. Ended up getting kicked out of the house three times today. Which is why I'm drinking this very fine organic Paddywhack IPA from Nelson, BC, courtesy of our dear friend Mark.

Of course I'm also celebrating an acceptance from none other than The Antigonish Review. Ah, yes, another market I've been trying to crack for about seven years. The story is "Blue Lake", one that's very near and dear to my heart, that's been almost accepted too many times, that shortlisted in the PRISM contest. It's finally being published!

All that and I made a Superstore run today. That's enough excitement for anyone.

No comments: